Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Kindergarten

Savannah painted a pumpkin like herself for the "Pumpkin Walk"

She rode her BYU bike to school on the first day.

One proud dad!

Savannah started school this year. She is my big kindergartner! I thought she might be scared or nervous to leave me and the little world of security I've carefully built for her over the last five years but NO. She was so excited and couldn't wait for her first day. Now we're 2 months into school and she is still just as excited. Savannah's teacher is taking a class through the school district and the class requires her to work one-on-one with a student... and she picked Savannah! At first I was scared she picked Savannah because she was academically behind all the other children, and then I got prideful thinking she picked Savannah because she is so cute and sweet and longed to spend more time with her. In the end I found out she picked Savannah because she thought Savannah didn't car pool. Oh well! We are grateful for the extra attention Savannah is getting in learning how to read and write. It has been really interesting to see how eager Savannah's mind is about learning.

1 comments:

Dan and Hilary said...

Kristi, you are so funny. I would be thinking all those things if a teacher picked one of the twins. I can't believe how old and cute Savannah looks. Time is flying so fast!